Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Crashing Waves of Lies

I took Pajamas down to the beach the other day and the minute her leash came off her barking began. I don't have a ball with me so she proceeds to jump around in front of me, barking so loud her ears are bouncing off the side of her head. She's barking so loud it echos off the houses behind us. A woman approaches, her quiet dog prancing along near by. "Your neighbors must hate you"
I was completely taken aback and before I realized it I was responding with, "She never barks." ..... She never barks? Where in the world did that statement come from? My mind immediately thinks back to this rightly named blog..My Dog Barks.
What prompted me to state such a bold faced lie? I tried to back peddle with embarrassment. "It's only when we're at the beach," I hear myself say. Another lie. "and when she's excited," I add. But, it's definitely more than that isn't it.

1 comment:

  1. I find myself making up this kind of stuff all the time! I hate being judged by other dog owners who love to offer those snide comments!

    ReplyDelete