Wednesday, September 8, 2010

All That and a Bag of Chips

There is a large park near my house that is perfect for an off leash walk in the morning.  I wait until we cross the busy street and head down the main path into the park before letting Pajamas off her lead.  She bolts forward, nose to the ground as I slowly bring up the rear.

I walk further into the park as Pj's nose continues to lead her into a bunch of trees.  Suddenly, she bursts out from between the trees with a huge chip bag hanging out of her mouth.  It drags on the ground in front of her as she barrels towards me into the field.  There is no way I am going to get this bag away from her.  I decide to ignore her, hoping this bag full of crumbs will loose it's appeal when Mom doesn't get upset.

Pajamas digs her head deep into the bag.  So deep that her head is completely covered.  She shakes her her head and the bag goes flying.  She grabs its out of the air and throws it back up again.  Pieces of the bag are flying everywhere as she bounces around the field.  I've tried call her name, whistling.. it's no use.

Mom has finally had enough.  I grab a forgotten piece of chip bag, laying in the field and head towards her.  The piece of bag peaks her interest and she comes running!  Victory!  I quickly grab her collar and hook up her to the lead.  And then I praise her.  That's right, I fed her a ton of treats, patted her on the head and scratched under her chin.  After all, would you come to me next time I called if I yelled and screamed at you this time??  And what kind of chips had she been eating?  Jalapeno!  Yikes!

Later that day we while cuddling on the couch, I found tiny chip crumbs scattered throughout her fur.   Just another day with Miss Pajamas.  Never a dull moment.

1 comment: