Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Day in the Woods

Today Pajamas and I packed the bike into my little red sports car and made the drive up to New Market for some biking.  Pj relaxed in the seat beside me, in and out of sleep.  Every once and a while though she gets up, stands her front paws on the centre console and gives me a couple short warm licks on the cheek.  She is so affectionate.  At first I wasn't in a very good mood, but with the sunroof open and the sun warming my face I slowly felt my mood change.  The trees look so beautiful and with each gust of wind leaves would swirl around the cars as we moved north on the 404.

When we arrive at the trails Pajamas cannot wait to get going.  She wanders around the parking lot smelling all the smells of the forest while I unpack the bike.  The minute I get on the bike she looses her mind.  She jumps around in front of the bike, her barks traveling well into the forest.

We weave through the trails Pajamas a couple steps ahead.  She looks back often to make sure I'm keeping up.  The trails were covered in bright yellow leaves, as the sun shone through the bare trees.  I love biking in the fall, with the cool breeze on my fast as we wind through the woods.

We biked for just over an hour and then made our way back to the car.  Everything feels better after an hour on the bike.  Pj takes one last drink out of my water bottle and then we pile back into the car.  She sleeps the whole way back to the city while I enjoy one last view of the fall forest before we hit the city again.

And the best part?  I have a pooped puppy for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment