Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank Goodness for Pajamas

It's Thanksgiving weekend and I've just arrived home from my weekend morning walk.  Beside me on the couch is my puppy fast asleep, head resting on a pillow, tail tucked in close to her body. I look over at her and smile. She has given me so much to be thankful for.

Thank you for teaching me to love again.  To open my heart and love with all my might, even though I know someday we will have to part.
Thank you for showing me the beauty of the morning.  For sharing a morning sunrise and the crisp autumn air.
Thank you for being the last thing I see before I go to bed and the first thing I see when I wake.  For sensing that moment when I first open eyes and snuggling up close, slowly easing me into another day.
Thank you for helping me to be more active.  For pushing me to walk further, bike faster and get off the couch more often!
Thank you for your slobbery kisses.  Especially when you are licking away my tears, never stopping until my cries turn to giggles.
Thank you for your friendship.  I never feel lonely as long as you are near.

I love you Peej!

No comments:

Post a Comment