Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An Evening with the Peej


Pajamas was antsy all evening.  Pacing around, resting her head on my knee or the cushion on the couch and letting out a long sigh.  Those big eyes look up at me and I know there is no way I am getting through the evening without another trip to the park or at the very least a walk around the neighborhood.  I bundle up, preparing for the dark cold evening and Pj’s ears perk up as I grab my coat and head for the door.  She stands a few paces away still unsure if she’s invited.  “Come on then,” I say and she takes a few steps until she’s standing in the doorway.  I put on her leash and she is happy as can be. But, as we head out the door I realize it’s raining.  So much for the walk, I think and head to the front yard so Pj can have a pee at least.  I wait outside a couple of minutes as she take a survey of the yard and then gather her back up to head inside.  After the evening we’d had so far, all the crying and they whining I was sure the rest of the night would be more of the same.  However, the minute I came in and settled back on the couch Pj was right at my side, wet fur and all.  It seems that even for Pj the prospect of walking in the rain rather dampened her mood.  Maybe this warm spot on the couch next to mom isn’t such a bad place to be after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment